sâmbătă, 22 noiembrie 2014

"The King's Speech"(2010)



I’ve just seen the most touching movie of my entire life and it is “ The King’s speech”, a British one! It confirms my all time long admiration for British work and activities, culture and customs,  language and music, etc. I just love Great Britain, London, British literature and British actors. I won’t make a list just right now because I don’t want to lose the point: Colin Firth and the “ The King”s speech”. So, first of all, I’m a monarchist in a world in which people believe in democracy. I firmly believe that as we have only one God, we must have only one ruler, a king, a person which knows what value has the word ‘duty”, which is educated to serve the people, to respect and love his nation and to sacrifice f or it. Please, don’t tell me that a president is such a kind of person, cause I can’t believe you.
 Tom Hopper’s movie starts in a way that made me cry of despair: I’ve never felt such an emphaty with someone put in a horrible situation and I honestly believe that it takes a lot of courage to survive after such a public humiliation( in front of a stadium full of people). I see a man, his heart beating with such a force that almost broke his chest, able to leave the place in all the pieces of his being. I’ve never admirread a man like I admired Bertie. Can you imagine a man who don’t want to be a king even when his relatives and friends told him that he must? Can you imagine a man with such a morality? And can you imagine him striving to rise up to the height of this call: being the king  which has to replace the charming David, loved by the people, that so easy judge the surface to be the truth?

O.K. I was conquered by the real King George VI, by his wife, Queen Elisabeth, and by their daughters, Elisabeth and Margaret. The image of the happy royal family seduced me. I even accepted Helen Bonham Carter, which is not one of my favorite actress, for this part as the loving, suporting wife of Bertie. Knowing how hard is to mentain a loving relationship, I am quite impressed by them. I’ve seen a documentary film on King George VI and I know that the movie doesn’t lie. I found out that they were religious people and I understood everything. Remember the family of the Martyr Tzar Nikolaj  and you will see the power of the Christian faith.
My favorite scenes: Bertie crying and telling his wife that he doesn’t want to be a king; Bertie leaving the Radio broadcast studio and received by everybody with love and respect, King George and his daughters saluting him with all the etiquette required at the royal court.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu